How can I prevent the charge from going on my record?

The State offers what is called a Plea in Abeyance which is an agreement between the Defendant and the City Prosecutor, and approved by the Judge. A plea in abeyance means that you plead "guilty" or "no contest" to the charges, and your plea will be held in abeyance for up to one year. If you complete the conditions of a plea in abeyance agreement, the charges will dismissed after the abeyance period, so that there is no conviction on your record. Although the charges are ultimately dismissed, the records still exist. To have the records sealed you will have to have them expunged. Qualifying for this agreement is based upon the charge and various circumstances. If you are interested in this agreement, please contact the Court Clerk for eligibility.

Show All Answers

1. When is court held?
2. When is my court date scheduled?
3. Do I need to come to court?
4. How much is my fine?
5. How do I pay my fine?
6. Can I make payment arrangements?
7. Can I receive a payment extension?
8. Is my license suspended?
9. How many points will this ticket add to my record?
10. How can I prevent the charge from going on my record?
11. Do I have any warrants?